Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Guest Post: Team Captain Elizabeth Bradley

My name is Elizabeth Bradley, I am the Team Captain for EB's Bunch at Walk MS Manassas. I volunteer once a week in National Capital Chapter office and I participated in my first Walk MS in 2003 as a volunteer about a month after I was diagnosed with MS. The next year I started a team and we have walked at the Manassas site since then. Every year my team has gotten a little bigger. Last year we had 41 team members and my goal this year is 53! I increased my team size goal because our Chapter's goal is to have 8,000 people at Walk MS this year - our largest ever!  My team's fundraising goal is $10,000 and every team member who raises at least $30 gets an EB's Bunch t-shirt.

2 1/2 weeks to go! I'm in the final stages of getting my team ready for Walk MS 2010. Last week I ordered the t-shirts -- orange, of course. I also sent my team an email updating them on how many teammates we currently have registered (42) and how much money we have rasied thus far ($4,640). There is still a lot to do in these last couple of weeks, and the Chapter staff is here to help us Team Captains. Visit the Team Captains' Kit here and download the Team Timeline for a final list to help you prepare for a fantastic Walk MS! If you will be participating in Manassas, look for the orange EB's Bunch t-shirts and say 'Hi!' I'd love to meet you :)

Walk On,
Elizabeth 'EB' Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment